We diagnose and treat:
- Conditions with glasses and contact lenses—nearsighted, farsighted, astigmatism and presbyopia
- Macular degeneration
- Dry eyes
- Allergy eyes
- Foreign bodies in the eye
- Annual diabetic examination
We use computerized retinal photography to follow the progression of diseases of the eye; for healthy patients it gives us a baseline for future comparisons.
Our doctors recommend Optomap testing to be performed on an annual basis, so that your retinal health can be better monitored. Children as young as 5 years old can have the Optomap.
- The Optomap Retinal Examination is a comfortable, quick and very simple test.
- The digital images of your retina are immediately ready for review with your doctor.
- The Optomap Retinal Examination typically does not require the eyes to be dilated.
- All images of the retina are stored in our database for analysis at future examinations.
We also have the latest glaucoma diagnostic equipment available to more accurately monitor any progression of the disease. Low Vision consultations and treatment are available for patients that need magnifiers for improved reading. We co-manage cataract and refractive surgeries with local surgeons. We are licensed to prescribe medications, both pills and drops, for all eye infections, glaucoma, allergies and pain.
We can treat all eye infections with topical or oral medications. Unlike primary care doctors we have the appropriate equipment to evaluate the eye(eye microscopes) to make a proper diagnosis. Eye infections are usually seen the same day you call in.